There are many medical alarm companies with many different types of emergency medical equipment, so do your homework. If you’re thinking about getting a medical alarm for you or someone you care about, be sure to ALWAYS ask the following questions:
- Can I speak and listen to the operator through the pendant?
- What happens if I hit the button when I am outside?
- Can I speak to the operator from outside my home?
- If I am showering or bathing, can I use my pendant/medical alert bracelet? If the door is closed, will I be heard?
- Do the call center operators have EMT (emergency medical technician) training?
- Will the call center operators stay on the line with me for as long as I need them?
The answers to these questions should always be YES!